No menu items!

Latest Posts

Fire guts Yabatech Hostel*Properties worth millions, certificate destroyed.

 471 total views,  2 views today

An early  morning fire has gutted Bakasi female hostel in Yaba College of Technology, Lagos. Although  no life  was lost,properties worth millions and students’  certificate was destroyed in the inferno. According to one of the students who spoke on anonymity.she told our correspondent that the fire started around 5am in the morning as a result of a spark from the generator that powered electricity to the hostel. While speaking, she said that the fire wouldn’t have  affected them  so bad but for the fact that there was nobody on ground  to drive the Yabatech fire fighter truck on ground. It took the effort of the men of National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Lagos State Fire service as well as  men from Lagos State Emergency Management agency (LASEMA) to forestall the fire from spreading to other parts of the building. As at the time of filing the report, the place had been cordoned  off to avoid any calamity that may occur. The School Public Relations Officer (PRO), phone could not be reach to comment on the issue, but at the entrance of the school, a notice was placed by the PR Unit, that the ongoing examinations has been suspended due to the unfortunate incident.

yaba-tech-1 yaba-tech-2 yaba-tech-3 yaba-tech-4 yaba-tech-5 Photo Credit: PhotoStory /NEMA.

Sharing is caring... think it,s cool please share

Latest Posts


Don't Miss

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.