Nigeria will for the first time participate in gymnastics at the Olympics this July and her winning ticket to the games is Uche Devon Eke.
Below are eight things you should know about him:
- He was born to a Nigerian father, Daniel Eke.
- Uche recently graduated from the University of Michigan School of Information’s Master of Science in Information program with a 4.0 GPA and won an award for the feat.
- Before then, he graduated from Michigan in May 2019 with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Engineering.
- According to reports, Uche has been practising gymnastics since the age of three
- His dream when done with gymnastics is to become a Chief Information Officer or Chief Technology Officer.
- Uche Eke competed for Nigeria at the 2019 African Games in Rabat, Morocco where he won gold and bronze medals.
- He then represented the nation at the World Artistic Gymnastics Championships that October in Stuttgart, Germany.
- On his bucket list, Eke has skydiving. Culled: Punch.